Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Orange you glad...

Last Christmas (2010) my ma and stepfather came out to San Diego. As per usual, we made a stop at a  local brewery. The chosen one this trip was Coronado Brewing Company. CBC is located off Orange Ave, in Coronado, CA, and make a large selection of craft brews. This was a new stop for all of us.



My ma tried the beer flight, and within those 7 tasty tasters was Coronado Orange Ave Wit. It was love at first sip for ma!


So, on ma's most recent visit she picked up her favorite wit in a six pack. It had been a l o n g while since I tried this brew so ma and I said cheers wit* a little wit.

I was drinking from the bottle, but poured a bit into a glass so I could see the color.
A light clean gold color, wit a small amount of white head. So clean in fact, if I had enough I would fill a plastic kids pool wit it and take a swim! Darn right! I know you were thinking the same thing.


The taste was definitely refreshing, a mellow orange taste wit slight coriander notes. The beer was light, citrusy, not too sweet, and very drinkable, in fact almost too drinkable.  (is that a bad thing?) ... ma sure didn't think so. At 5.2% ABV, it''s ok to have another.


The fabulous thing about this beer is it's available year round. It's true to California, because we all know the BEST oranges come from California (just like those happy cows).


wit = with (and I don't care if I over used my intellectually inspired pun)

No comments:

Post a Comment